Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oops it happened again!!!


Yes our basement flooded - again. This time by rain water not hot water heater. Yes Jason was out of town again.
I went downstairs to clean out the computer/junk room and when I opened the door there was a weird smell. I started picking up papers off the floor and they felt damp. I put my fingers way down into the carpet and they came out wet. GREAT! Another flood. I started looking around and noticed dirty water marks running down the wall from the window. I went outside and the downspout run off tube was not connected. I am assuming that all the water we received on Saturday went directly into the window well and through the window. I figure it could have been worse and broke the window, but then I guess we would have found it sooner. We are lucky it only ruined the pad and not the carpet, baseboards, or dry board.
After removing all the bookcases, books, computers, etc. I pulled up the pad and rented carpet fans to dry it out. I wanted to de-junk the room and the flood made it happen immediately.
Jason felt bad because he figures he is the one who left the drain tube off last time he mowed the lawn. He also felt bad that I had to take care of it by myself since he was in LA on business.
Being the excellent guy he is he sent me flowers and apologized numerous times.

Least to say I connected the downspout drain with screws so this will not be happening again.

6 comments:

Rina said...

That totally sucks--but what a nice hubby. So I guess besides my cute neighbor Katie working with you & my other Heather bringing her girls to your dance studiom--my cousin apparently takes her girls & does Zumba. Her name is Alisha Dana Gerrard (Allie & Tyler) So I've talked two of my friends into taking a Zumba class with me. Maybe I'll see you there.

KIM D said...

You ALWAYS get flowers!! The ONE time I ever got them I basically had to beg for them.

JasonandJenn said...

Katie is so cute and such a good teacher. She is also an amazing dancer. Allie is on company with Jaiden. Its such a small world.

Becki Madsen said...

Jen,
Way to go you fixer upper woman! I think I would have waited until my husband came home to do anything! You are awesome!

Rommel and Christy said...

UGH!!! That is horrible. I hope that everything is getting back to normal.

Jen said...

You deserved flowers for that! I am very impressed!