Monday, October 6, 2008

Setting Records ...

Madison has had dry skin on her feet and I kept putting lotion and socks on at night thinking it would get better. After a week or so it just kept getting worse to the point of each little toe being raw and sore. I finally broke down and took her into the doctor. He confirmed it was fungus (athletes foot). He told me it was extremely rare to see a 1year old in Utah with severe athletes foot - we try to keep our doctor on his toes. To make matters worse, every night I was creating a prime environment for growth - moist and dark. Nice job mom!!!





The pictures don't do justice. Poor little girl is a trooper.

Her toes started getting extremely split and infected so we wrapped with neosporin at night.

3 comments:

Clarke and Kamie said...

first the burn and now this? This girl will always be bandaged her whole life. I heard about Jaiden on the spinner thing but that really is insane! Is it any surprise that she likes to spin?

Jen said...

Poor little thing! Us Mom's do our best at diagnosing sicknesses/problems. I probably would have done the same thing!

Jana Sohm said...

Oh, that makes me hurt. I probably would have done the same thing if I were you. Utah weather makes skin to dry and cracky. I hate it!