Monday, June 9, 2008

New York ... The "BAKED" Apple

American Girl??? Both dads got "worked over" by their daughters who were on the other side of the country. I don't think the girls knowing their dads cell phone numbers helped the situation. The walk of shame down 5th Avenue. What cute dads!
Last stop - Central Park
Too bad it was at night and we were exhausted.

We had a blast in New York. Wish it wouldn't have been a "heat wave" but everything else was great. We stayed in a Comfort Inn on 35th between 6th and 7th. It was actually in a perfect location and a bonus was it was located in the middle of the "Manhattan Mall" area. Of course we could have done more shopping but we did get to hit Canal street.
We are lucky to have such good friends as neighbors and now travel companions. We laughed, played and just enjoyed each others company in such a fun city.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Jen I love all your pictures! It makes me so excited to go! I think that we need to take a vacation together... What do you think?? I think it would be FUN!! I miss you Jennifer! The pictures of the kids are so cute! Carter and Mawson in the jeep is hilarious! Maybe you guys should get Carter a manlier jeep though. The kids are going to start making fun of the poor kid:( Love you guys. Tell all the kids hi for us! Take care!

Clarke and Kamie said...

oh my--I am jealous. Looks like sooooo much fun. Just be prepared for when we go next may. Mel will want to visit Chinatown at LEAST 80 times.

Rina said...

I'm jealous. I've never been to NY-- I would love to go and see Wicked and of course all the other fun stuff.

P.S. I'm going private on my blog- will you send me your email address.