Friday, March 13, 2009

Phoenix Zoo

We drove to the Phoenix zoo and as you walk in you go over a bridge
and in the pond are tons of turtles.


Baby turtles following their mommy. I wish my kids followed me so well at stores. It seems they only follow me from room to room at home.


Of course we had been there 30 seconds before Madison's binky fell over the edge of the bridge. It was even clipped to her shirt???
Positive note - it wasn't Madison going over the edge.


Cool frogs that look like bumpy rocks.


Eagle eating a rat - eeeewww!

Eagle picking the hairs off - gross!





My favorite view! She drives us nuts but we love her.
Kids rode a camel - they waited in line and we stood in the picture spot. We glanced over and Carter looked really nervous. I told Jason to not make eye contact with him because he will lose it and wimp out. Once on the camel he thought it was really cool.






The kids said that looks like me picking at them or dad. Yes I am a "picker".

Our kids always love the "buns"



Turtle every where we looked - so cute.




Safari trail - we called it "Indiana Jones" trail.






Nice poses kids.



Cute play area by "little people."



Our kids LOVE animals. Jason and I aren't huge fans.
We humored them by going into the petting zoo.





These two have never been afraid of animals.
Have always LOVED them.


I am laughing because I can tell he is just grossed out by all the animals, petting, and "potty" piles. He is coming to get me because I took a picture of him being grossed out.

That smile means he is about to kill me for teasing him.

Kangaroo ?

All my babies in the pouch.


Spiders



Cool cactus slide

It says ...


We were able to feed carrots to the elephants.





I would highly recommend the Phoenix Zoo (unless its summer).
We had a great time and were there 10-5pm and could have spent longer.

No comments: