Wednesday, May 28, 2008

First Grade Talent Show


Jaiden said she wanted to participate in her class talent show. I assumed she wanted to dance, but she actually wanted to play the piano. I didn't understand being we don't own a piano and she doesn't take lessons. She immediately corrected me with telling me she knows how to play "up on the house top" thanks to aunt Jennie. I thought she would drop it and just dance but she asked Granny on Sunday to borrow her piano book. Jaiden practiced the finger numbers and sure enough played in front of her whole class with no hesitation. She also performed her dances and was actually selected to perform her Jazz dance for the first grade talent show. (I will add the video once I figure out how to download) The day of the performance she was nervous and hesitant. While changing her clothes she started to cry. I kept telling her she didn't have to perform and it would be fine. She kept saying she wanted too but I think she was just nervous. Of course she had red eyes while walking out of the bathroom and I am sure everyone thought I was forcing her to do it. She did GREAT and is such a little performer once she gets in front of everyone. Great job Jaiden!

1 comment:

Rina said...

Brittan did the same thing for one of her talent shows-- twice now. Instead of doing something she is good at she picks something she would like to be good at.

-Oh well.